As we enter the last month of summer, take a day trip or come spend the weekend with us in Michigan’s Great Southwest. Enjoy everything from fishing charters and local history museums to local shops, galleries and boutiques. Shake things up, order curbside pickup from a local eatery and take in a drive-in concert! There’s a little something for everyone; #MeetMeLocally.
- Artist-owned and operated, Chartreuse Art Gallery is home to 20+ local artists. Located in downtown St. Joseph, you’re sure to find locally-made gifts, art and one-of-a-kind souvenirs!
- Elephants Breath Antiques is located in downtown St. Joseph. Featuring fine antiques, repurposed furniture, collectibles and more - stop by for unique finds!
- FuzzyButz Pet Bakery specializes in fresh-baked treats loaded with local ingredients! They also offer a full line of pet boutique items including collars, dog sweaters/jackets, leashes, toys, cat toys, cat treats and more!
- Additional shopping in Michigan’s Great Southwest!
- Infusco Coffee is a small batch coffee roaster and specialty coffee shop located in Sawyer, MI! Order online for curbside pickup, or swing by their booth at the weekly St. Joe Farmers Market, Saturdays from 9:00am-2:00pm in downtown St. Joseph.
- Whether you visit for lunch or dinner, Papa Vino’s Italian Kitchen in St. Joseph, MI is a wonderful dining experience that specializes in contemporary Italian favorites! Offering both curbside pickup and dine-in service, Papa Vino’s is open daily from 11:00am-10:00pm.
- Silver Beach Pizza, located in the historic Amtrak Depot just below the bluff in downtown St. Joseph, is a popular spot anytime of year! Known for the frozen schooners and unique pizzas, their hours include: Monday-Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 3:00pm-11:00pm and Sunday 1:00pm-10:00pm.
- Additional eateries in Michigan’s Great Southwest!
- Family-owned and run, Big Bird Charters has been operating in St. Joseph for over 30 years! August and September bring a variety of fish including King Salmon, Lake Trout, Steelhead, Coho Salmon and Brown Trout. Book your fishing charter today! Other trips including river cruises and sunset cruises are also available.
- Take it outdoors and explore Michigan’s Great Southwest at these amazing Berrien County Parks: Madeline Bertrand, Love Creek, Silver Beach County Park, Galien River County Park, Rocky Gap and Paw Paw River County Park. Annual park permits are available for $35 and are valid through December 31, 2020.
- Additional activities in Michigan’s Great Southwest!
- The Mendel Center at Lake Michigan College presents Drive-in Live! on Sunday, August 9 featuring Jenna Mammina, The Andrew Fisher Quartet and Doc Revolver! Held in the parking lot of Grand Upton Hall, park and get ready to enjoy the show. Tickets available for purchase online at themendelcenter.com. Part of the Drive-in Concert Series - four concerts held in August and September.
- Winos, wanderers and weekend warriors are invited to check out the summer staple, Jammin’ in the Vineyard, at Round Barn Estate held weekends through the summer! Attendees will enjoy live music, delicious food, beer, wine and spirits.
- Silver Harbor Brewing & 221 Main are hosting the Pleasant Street Plaza on weekends throughout the summer! Enjoy outdoor dining, live music and games. The fun starts Friday at Noon through Sunday at dusk!
- St. Joseph Today (SJT) presents Seek Out The Sun, a downtown St. Joseph scavenger hunt!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Pick up your passport from the SJT Welcome Center (301 State Street) to start the fun!
- Go around to participating businesses to find the sun.
- Get your passport stamped or initialed once you find the sun.
- Turn in your finished passports to SJT for a prize!
- Additional events in Michigan’s Great Southwest!
Enter for the chance to win one of three St. Joseph Experience Gift Bags during the #MeetMeLocally giveaway! Visit our #MeetMeLocally Blog for prize information.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Must post a photo of location "in & around St. Joseph"
- Use hashtag #meetmelocally
- TAG St. Joseph Today
FACEBOOK: @stjoetoday | INSTAGRAM: @stjoetoday | TWITTER: @stjosephtoday
- Enter multiple times!