Take in the last few weeks of summer with a trip to Michigan’s Great Southwest! Enjoy everything from water adventures and rounds of golf to local shops, galleries and boutiques. Explore local trails, get fresh picks at the weekly Farmers Market and go on a scavenger hunt in downtown St. Joseph! There’s a little something for everyone; #MeetMeLocally.
- Located in downtown St. Joseph, The Natural Gem offers custom gem cutting, appraisals, ear piercing, jewelry repair and more! Looking for a one-of-a-kind gift? Stop in and ask them about their custom jewelry design and gold casting!
- When you step through the front door of Friends by Design you’ll immediately feel welcomed and catered to! Specializing in making women feel beautiful, this downtown St. Joseph boutique offers a variety of clothing, accessories and handbags. Now through the end of September, enjoy specials sales during the Retirement Party!
- Gallery on the Alley is an art boutique in downtown St. Joseph that features a variety of merchandise by local and regional artisans! Shoppers will enjoy unique finds with everything from blown glass and metalwork to jewelry, modern artwork, photography and more!
- Additional shopping in Michigan’s Great Southwest!
- State Street Treats is a “one stop snack shop” located in downtown St. Joseph. Treat yourself to gourmet popcorn, frozen yogurt or edible cookie dough!
- Family owned and operated, Grande Mere Inn has been a Southwest Michigan staple since 1980 and celebrates their 40th anniversary this year! Diners will enjoy a delicious meal accompanied by a gorgeous view of Lake Michigan. It’s “where high quality food and service meet sunsets and good times”.
- Established in 2011, RyeBelles in downtown St. Joseph offers a full service rooftop bar in the summer and indoor seating year-round!
- Additional eateries in Michigan’s Great Southwest!
- Fernwood Botanical Garden sits on 105 acres and features beautiful gardens, trails, a visitor center, art gallery, arboretum, fern conservatory, education center, cafe and gift shop! Explore the outdoors in Michigan’s Great Southwest.
- Harbor Shores Golf Course is an 18-hole public Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course! This premier destination for golfers hosts the KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship. Schedule your tee time today at harborshoresresort.com/golf!
- Enjoy a day on the water with Lake Life Watersports! Offering both waverunner and pontoon boat rentals, you’re in for an adventure!
- Additional activities in Michigan’s Great Southwest!
- Market-goers will enjoy fresh finds at the weekly St. Joe Farmers Market. Vendors will offer a variety of products including homemade goods, locally grown produce, perennials and cut flowers, meats and cheeses, coffee and more! This event is held Saturdays from 9:00a-2:00p in the scenic Lake Bluff Park, overlooking Lake Michigan.
- The Benton Harbor Arts Association (BHHA) presents the Arts in the Park Friday Summer Series in August and September! Attendees will enjoy live music, featured artists, food trucks, plus Arts District businesses will be open so you can eat, shop and drink!
- The City of St. Joseph hosts Summer Drive-In Movies on Saturdays through the month of August at the St. Joseph High School Parking Lot! Movies start at 8:30p and the lot opens 45 minutes prior. Catch the final two movies this summer on August 22 feat. The Greatest Showman and August 29 feat. Hook!
- St. Joseph Today (SJT) presents Seek Out The Sun, a downtown St. Joseph scavenger hunt! Pick up your passport from the SJT Welcome Center (301 State Street) to start the fun!
- Additional events in Michigan’s Great Southwest!
Enter for the chance to win one of two St. Joseph Experience Gift Bags during the #MeetMeLocally giveaway! Visit our #MeetMeLocally Blog for prize information.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Must post a photo of location "in & around St. Joseph"
- Use hashtag #meetmelocally
- Tag St. Joseph Today
FACEBOOK: @stjoetoday | INSTAGRAM: @stjoetoday | TWITTER: @stjosephtoday
- Enter multiple times!