Michigan’s Great Southwest is packed full of autumn fun! Everything from walking trails, fall themed drinks and food, farm visits, golfing excursions, live music - there’s something for everyone! Read on for a fall guide; #MeetMeLocally.
Explore the local nature trails at Sarett Nature Center. Their five-mile trail system includes boardwalks, observation platforms and a barrier-free walkway. Trails are open from dawn to dusk!
Fernwood Botanical Garden sits on 105 acres and features beautiful gardens, trails, a visitor center, art gallery, arboretum, fern conservatory, education center, cafe and gift shop! Explore the outdoors in Michigan’s Great Southwest.
Head over to Nye’s Apple Barn for some delicious seasonal produce, apple cider, take n’ bake pies, pumpkins and more!
Shuler Dairy Farm is a 5th generation Centennial farm located in Baroda, MI. Take a tour of the farm and learn about it’s rich history! At the end, treat yourself to fresh ice cream! Call (269) 326 0366 to schedule your tour today.
Take it outdoors and explore Michigan’s Great Southwest at these amazing Berrien County Parks: Madeline Bertrand, Love Creek, Silver Beach County Park, Galien River County Park, Rocky Gap and Paw Paw River County Park. Annual park permits are available for $35 and are valid through December 31, 2020.
A TASTE OF SOUTHWEST MICHIGAN
Explore Southwest Michigan’s local wines and craft beers! Featuring pet-friendly locations, unique tasting experiences, seasonal drinks and specials.
FALL BEER: Pumpkin Ale, 6% ABV - a delicately balanced aroma of pie spices, featuring fresh ground nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon sticks and vanilla bean. Left Coast Mirage, 6.4% ABV - a very pale and effervescent IPA, with a light body, dry mouthfeel and subtle citrus profile.
FALL CIDER: Basswood Bliss, 6.9% ABV - made with local Jollay Orchards apples back-sweetened with Michigan made honey.
FALL COCKTAILS: Bourbon Apple Cider, Nutty Pumpkin, DiVine Pumpkin Mule.
FALL BEER: Das Gute Zeug (The Good Stuff), 5.1% ABV - a balance of rich malty sweetness paired with mild woody bitterness with notes of caramel, nuts and biscuit flavors.
FALL SPECIALS: Special OktoberFest Menu available through October 4.
FALL BEERS: Polk Island (Oktoberfest), 5.2% ABV - SLBC's take on the traditional brew served at the fall festival in Bavaria. This malty German-style lager has a rich, bready flavor and pairs perfectly with crisp fall weather. Flaming Chocolate (Chipotle Chocolate Milk Stout), 4.2% ABV - SLBC has taken their house chocolate milk stout brewed with lactose and cocoa nibs and added chipotle peppers to create this spicy treat!
FALL SPECIALS: Monday - Gyros & Pint, Wednesday - Pizza & Pint, Thursday - Wing Basket & Pint, Friday & Saturday - Prime Rib & Baked Potato, Sunday - Chili Cheese Dog, Chili Cheese Nachos or Cup of Chili.
FALL SPECIALS: Thursday - Surf & Turf, Friday - BBQ Ribs, Saturday - Prime Rib
MT TABOR TRAILS: A little over 3.5 miles of beautiful trails that connects Round Barn Estate and Tabor Hill Winery & Restaurant!
FALL BEER: Oktoberfest, 6% ABV - full classic German malt flavor with a nice bit of German hop flavor and bite.
FALL PIZZA: Oktober-izza! Hand-tossed spent grain dough with salted crust, topped with housemade whole grain mustard base, 5 cheese blend, sauerkraut cooked with caraway, Mollie’s Delicious apples, pork bratwurst, white onions.
FALL BEER: Ironwood, 5.5% ABV - American Brown Ale. Flat Earth Lager, 5.4% ABV - Premium Lager. Windy City Slicker, 6% ABV - IPA. Air Locked, 6.3% ABV - Wheat Lager.
- Market-goers will enjoy fresh finds at the weekly St. Joe Farmers Market. Vendors will offer a variety of products including homemade goods, locally grown produce, perennials and cut flowers, meats and cheeses, coffee and more! Catch the last two markets of the 2020 season - October 3 & 10 from 9:00am-2:00pm in Lake Bluff Park.
- Sign up for a fall 5K - Fit 4 Fall Stay Safe Virtual 5K, October 10-24! Register online at fit4fal5k.com. All proceeds go to: Caring Circle, LOGAN Autism Learning Center of SWMI, The Alzheimer’s Association.
- Urban Garage Market hosts a variety of workshops this fall - Chunky Knit Blankets, Intro to Caligraphy, Paint Your Own Piece with Chalk Paint
- “Hop” around participating locations in the Benton Harbor Arts District during the BHAA Fall Art Hop on Friday, October 23 from 6:00pm-9:00pm.
- Krasl Art Center hosts Third Thursday: Glass Artist & Water Street Glassworks Studio Manager Eli Zilke on Thursday, October 15 from 6:00pm-9:00pm.
- The Turquoise Top Hat hosts a variety of fall workshops - Fall Flowers Wood Round Sign, Blended Pumpkin Signs - and offers a “Kit of the Week” (a special take-home project).