Celebrate the Fourth of July holiday weekend in Michigan’s Great Southwest! With everything from Lighthouse Tours, a Farmers Market and live music to Antiques on the Bluff, beach days and art exhibits there’s a little something for everyone.
FRIDAY, JULY 2
- Independence Celebration! from 5:30pm-11:00pm at the Watermark Solarium. Attendees will enjoy live music feat. Mark Ficks and the Significant Others, food from Wood, Stock and Grill, tasty brews from Watermark Brewing, door prizes and more! This event is hosted by the Southwest Michigan Regional Chamber Young Professionals and sponsored by Honor Credit Union.
- The Benton Harbor Arts Association presents Arts in the Park from 6:00p-9:00p held in the Benton Harbor Arts District! This event features local artisan booths, live music feat. Dirty Sally, food trucks and more.
- Forever Books hosts a Book Signing from 1:00p-3:00p featuring international bestselling author Karen Dionne. Signing outside, weather dependent.
- The Heritage Museum & Cultural Center hosts the St. Joe Lighthouse Tours. The 2021 summer season kicks off this Friday with tours running from 11:00a-2:00p and 5:00p-8:00p. For a complete tour schedule, visit theheritage mcc.org!
- Try your hand at axe, knife or ninja star throwing at Lumberjax Urban Axe Throwing! Walk-ins welcome, appointments appreciated.
INSIDER TIP: Did you know Lumberjax has two locations?
Check out the O.G Basement at 404 State Street,
or their SouthTown Site at 2808 Niles Ave.
SATURDAY, JULY 3
- The St. Joe Farmers Market is held Saturdays now through October 9 (no market July 10) from 9:00a-2:00p in Lake Bluff Park. Market-goers will enjoy fresh finds at the weekly St. Joe Farmers Market. Vendors will offer a variety of products including homemade goods, locally grown produce, perennials and cut flowers, meats and cheeses, coffee and more!
- Round Barn Estate hosts Reds, Whites & Brews from 11:00a-7:00p. Attendees will enjoy live music, tasty beverages and delicious food!
INSIDER TIP: Round Barn Brewery & Public House celebrates the Fourth
with their Baroda Fireworksevent from 6:00p-11:30p. Enjoy live music,
cold drinks and tasty food.
- Heading to the beautiful Southwest Michigan beaches? Take a look at the links below. There’s a real-time update of the water temperatures as well as the swimming conditions, and the Silver Beach County Park Beach Cam.
- The Southwest Michigan Symphony Orchestra kicks off their 2021 summer season with the (Re-) United States Celebration Concert at 6:30p-8:00p held at the Shadowland Pavilion at Silver Beach County Park.
- Catch live music on Saturday at Silver Harbor Brewing, Peat’s Cider, Round Barn Filling Station and Sister Lakes Brewing!
SUNDAY, JULY 4
- Antiques on the Bluff returns to Lake Bluff Park from 10a-5p! Find hidden treasures along Lake Bluff Park at this premier antique show that overlooks Lake Michigan. This event features over 50 vendors and runs the first Sunday of the month, May through October.
- The Box Factory for the Arts hosts their annual MAAC exhibit Fridays-Sundays from Noon-4:00p. This event is a juried art exhibition that features 90 artists from Southwest Michigan and Northern Indiana!
- Cool off at the Whirlpool Centennial Compass Fountain - Splash Pad! Hours include May 29 - September 6 from 10:00a-9:00p; September 7 - September 30 from Noon-8:00p.
INSIDER TIP: Grab a slice from Silver Beach Pizza after you splash around!