Summer is in full swing and we’ve got a jam-packed weekend to help you celebrate all things Southwest Michigan! From a car show, free concerts and a Farmers Market to an Artisan Fair, a 5K and a free outdoor movie - there’s a little something for everyone.
FRIDAY, JULY 16
- View the classic cars from days gone by as they line up along Lake Boulevard during the Mike Yore Memorial Car Show. Attendees will “cruise” along the bluff from 4:00p-8:00p and enjoy classic hits as they take in over 150 eye-catching vehicles parked along Lake Boulevard.
- Groove to the sounds of jazz, big band, classic hits and more at John E.N. Howard Bandshell, overlooking the charming St. Joseph River. Take in beautiful sunsets during this free Friday Night Concert from 7:00p-8:00p featuring Lake Effect Jazz Big Band.
INSIDER TIP: Check out stjoetoday.com/lovelocal
for more weekend information!
- Lazy Ballerina Winery hosts a Love and Macs + Kimy Battista Art Pop Up from 5:00p-7:00p! Attendees will enjoy a delicious variety of mac flavors and unique handmade earrings.
- The Benton Harbor Arts Association presents Arts in the Park from 6:00p-9:00p held in the Benton Harbor Arts District! This event features local artisan booths, live music feat. Slim Gypsy Baggage, food trucks and more.
- Heading to the beautiful Southwest Michigan beaches? Take a look at the links below. There’s a real-time update of the water temperatures as well as the swimming conditions, and the Silver Beach County Park Beach Cam.
SATURDAY, JULY 17
- Market-goers will enjoy fresh finds at the weekly St. Joe Farmers Market, held every Saturday now through October 9 from 9:00a-2:00p in Lake Bluff Park. Attendees will enjoy a variety of products! Including homemade goods, locally grown produce, perennials and cut flowers, meats and cheeses, coffee and more!
- Over 50 local and regional artisans will display their handcrafted goods during the Lake Bluff Artisan Fair from 10:00a-5:00p in Lake Bluff Park! Shoppers will enjoy a variety of goods including candles, jewelry, clothing and more.
- The YMCA of Greater Michiana hosts the Race for YMCA 5K/10K presented by Honor Credit Union. This annual event held at the Margaret B. Upton Arboretum at 8:30a. Money raised will benefit the Y’s Annual Campaign which provides financial assistance for memberships and programs to local children and families in need.
- Broadway lovers will enjoy the Southwest Michigan Symphony’s latest concert, Belting Out Broadway, at the Shadowland Pavilion at 6:30p! This event will feature show-stopping songs from some of Broadway’s best musicals - Chicago, Les Miserable, along with some of Gershwin’s greatest hits.
- Visitors and residents will enjoy the Summer Movie Series, hosted by the City of St. Joseph! Saturday’s movie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990), will begin at 7:00p at the St. Joseph High School (Drive-In). Visit stjoetoday.com/movies for a complete summer movie schedule.
INSIDER TIP: Cool off at the Whirlpool Centennial Compass Fountain - Splash Pad!
Hours include May 29 - September 6 from 10:00a-9:00p; September 7 -
September 30 from Noon-8:00p.
SUNDAY, JULY 18
- The City of St. Joseph hosts a Municipal Band - Jazz Band Concert at the John E.N. Howard Bandshell at 7:00p! Visit sjcity.com/band for a complete summer concert schedule.
- Head on over to Sister Lakes Brewing Company for some delicious food and tasty brews! Enjoy indoor or outdoor seating in their Backyard Biergarten.
INSIDER TIP: On Friday, SLBC hosts Infusion Fridays at 3:00p -
each week features a new special release of house-crafted
beer infused with unique ingredients. Also, catch live
music on Friday and Saturday at 7:00p!
- Summer also marks the return of Live Music all over Michigan’s Great Southwest! Live Music can be found on Sunday at Tabor Hill Winery, Free Run Cellars, Round Barn Estate, Gravity Winery and Plank’s. Visit stjoetoday.com/events for more live music all weekend long!
- The Heritage Museum & Cultural Center hosts the St. Joe Lighthouse Open Hours and Tours. Open Hours include Thursdays from 5:00p-8:00p; Fridays & Saturdays from 11:00a-2:00p and 5:00p-8:00p; Sundays 2:00p-6:00p. Guided Tours are offered Friday and Saturday only at 10:00a. For a complete summer schedule, visit theheritagemcc.org/events/tours!