Get ready for an art-filled weekend as 37 regional, national and international artists take over Broad Street in downtown St. Joseph during Chalk the Block! The fun doesn’t stop there. Weekenders will enjoy a Farmers Market, live music, lighthouse tours, sun-filled beach days, Luminaria Walk and so much more. There’s a little something for everyone this weekend!
FRIDAY, AUGUST 6
- Want a sneak peek at the behind-the-scenes of Chalk the Block? Head over to Broad Street in the early evening to watch as a handful of Chalk the Block artists start gridding squares and outlining their designs!
- Lazy Ballerina Winery hosts a Love and Macs + Kimy Battista Art Pop Up from 5:00p-7:00p! Attendees will enjoy a delicious variety of macaron flavors and unique handmade earrings.
- Heading to the beautiful Southwest Michigan beaches? Take a look at the links below. There’s a real-time update of the water temperatures as well as the swimming conditions, and the Silver Beach County Park Beach Cam.
- The GhostLight Theater presents Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner at 7:30p! Attendees will enjoy a contemporary adaptation of the 1967 film.
INSIDER TIP: This show runs Thursday-Sunday August 5-15!
Visit ghostlightbh.com/shows for their full 2021 season.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 7
- Chalk the Block artists start working on their creations early Saturday morning! Stop by throughout the day to watch their progress. Visit stjoetoday.com/chalktheblock to meet the 2021 artists.
INSIDER TIP: Vote for your favorite artists on Saturday from 12:00p-8:00p and
Sunday from 11:00a-2:00p! Stop by the People’s Choice Tent located on
Broad Street. It’s $1 per vote (CASH ONLY) - winner will be announced
Monday, August 9.
- Market-goers will enjoy fresh finds at the weekly St. Joe Farmers Market, held every Saturday now through October 9 from 9:00a-2:00p in Lake Bluff Park. Attendees will enjoy a variety of products including homemade goods, locally grown produce, perennials and cut flowers, meats and cheeses, coffee and more!
- Visitors and residents will enjoy the Summer Movie Series, hosted by the City of St. Joseph! Saturday’s movie, Monsters vs. Aliens, will begin at 7:00p at the St. Joseph High School (Drive-In). Visit stjoetoday.com/movies for a complete summer movie schedule.
INSIDER TIP: Cool off at the Whirlpool Centennial Compass Fountain - Splash Pad!
Hours include May 29 - September 6 from 10:00a-9:00p;
September 7 - September 30 from Noon-8:00p.
- Enjoy outdoor dining throughout Michigan’s Great Southwest at Silver Harbor Brewing, RyeBelles, The Buck Burgers & Brew, Schu’s Grill & Bar, 221 Main, The Livery, Coach’s Bar & Grill, Clementine’s Too, Tabor Hill Winery & Restaurant and more!
- Relay for Life of Berrien County celebrates the end of their Cancer Week (August 1-7) with a Luminaria Walk along Lake Bluff Park at 8:00p.
INSIDER TIP: Those wishing to donate can purchase a luminary bag at participating
businesses throughout Southwest Michigan. Many downtown St. Joseph businesses,
including the Welcome Center, have bags!
SUNDAY, AUGUST 8
- Chalk the Block attendees can view the completed chalk masterpieces all day long! Artists will finalize their pieces by 1:00p. Voting will be available from 11:00a-2:00p at the People’s Choice Tent on Broad Street!
- The City of St. Joseph hosts a Municipal Band - Jazz Band Concert at the John E.N. Howard Bandshell at 7:00p! Visit sjcity.com/band for a complete summer concert schedule.
- The Heritage Museum & Cultural Center hosts the St. Joe Lighthouse Open Hours and Tours. Open Hours include Thursdays from 5:00p-8:00p; Fridays & Saturdays from 11:00a-2:00p and 5:00p-8:00p; Sundays 2:00p-6:00p. Guided Tours are offered Friday and Saturday only at 10:00a. For a complete summer schedule, visit theheritagemcc.org/events/tours!
- Live Music can be found throughout Michigan’s Great Southwest on Sunday at Tabor Hill Winery, Free Run Cellars, Round Barn Estate, Gravity Winery, Plank’s and Fernwood Botanical Garden. Visit stjoetoday.com/events for more live music all weekend long!